Poplar Point Outpost 2020 Package PricesSelf-guided Fishing with Light Housekeeping Packages
World-class Fishing for Trophy Northern Pike and Trophy Lake Trout
2 nights, 3 days fishing ..............$3,195.00 USD per person (Sat A.M. to Monday evening)
5 nights, 4 days fishing ..............$3,995.00 USD per person (Monday evening to Sat. A.M.)
7 nights, 7 days fishing ..............$5,395.00 USD per person (Sat A.M. to Sat A.M.)
**Minimum 4 persons**
NOTE: You must arrive in Saskatoon the day prior for Saturday morning departures to the camp. For Monday afternoon departures, you must arrive in Saskatoon in time for 3:15 P.M. departures to the camp for the 5-night 4-day packages. NOTE: 5-night 4-day fishing packages do not require an overnight in Saskatoon.
- Round-trip turbo prop charter flight, Saskatoon to Stony Rapids (500 miles, 2 hours)
- Float plane transportation between Stony Rapids and Poplar Point Camp.
- Comfortable lodging at Poplar Point with central showers and bathroom facilities
- Separate dining room, kitchen, and grocery supply
- Boats, motors, and gasoline
- Radio communication to the Main Lodge
- Two-way radio communication
- Camp attendant
- Explore the wonders of the Athabasca Sand Dunes at the MacFarlane River
- Miscellaneous purchases, fishing tackle, fishing licence**, optional flyouts, sightseeing by aircraft, refreshments, gratuities, and applicable taxes.
- Schedule changes may occur due to weather or operational factors. Athabasca Camps Inc. will not assume responsibility for connecting flights, delays, and/or hotel stays.
** Fishing Licence You must obtain your fishing licence on-line prior to your arrival, from www.environment.gov.sk.ca/licences We are no longer able to issue fishing licences at camp. Please print a copy of your licence and bring it with you. If you need assistance, the call centre toll-free number is 1-855-848-4773.
All package prices are based on minimum of 4 persons. Deposit of $1000.00 per person required to confirm reservations, payable to Athabasca Camps Inc. Balance of payment due 60 days prior to reservation date. Cancellations, all payments will be credited for future trip, or you may sell or arrange for a replacement. We recommend cancellation insurance.
For reservations call toll-free 1-877-922-0957, or email: email@example.com
Athabasca is the "Super Bowl" of Fishing
In years past our goal was to have all guests get at least one or two Northern Pike over 40 inches, but in 2016 it was more like a daily occurrence. What a “great” fishing season we had. It wasn’t unusual for two fishermen to a boat to get 4 to 6 and more over 40 inches in a day. One day with seventeen fishermen, they broke a record with over 100 fish caught and released over 40 inches, plus large numbers in a variety of sizes.
Many guests set records for trophy Lake Trout - 36 inches and up to 45 inches highlighted their fishing. Walleye, not to be outdone, provided a lot of action right in front of the Lodge with great numbers in a variety of sizes, and many in the mid to high 20 inch range. We continue to enjoy a very healthy resource that improves each year. In fact, customers are referring to Athabasca as the “Super Bowl” of fishing.
Spotlight on Athabasca and Otherside Bay
We hosted Mike Borger and his fishing and film crew from Canada Fishing Guide this season, and what a superb experience they had. For some highlights, photos and short video clips go to Canada Fishing Guide's feature story. Check out their entire Blackmur's playlist on YouTube. For an indepth look, see their feature Athabasca Giants!, a 28-minute video of their trip to Athabasca.
Also have a look at the story "The Legacy of the Line" in Outdoor Lifestyle Magazine where authors Tim Zwart and Dave Maciulis discover why guests are drawn back time and again to the fabulous fishing and hospitality at Blackmur's Athabasca Fishing Lodges.